Sunday, September 20, 2020

Just a little announcement...

 Greetings, cyber-readers! 

First off, let me apologize for coming to you today not with an entertaining anecdote or educational field trip or enlightening...idea of any kind, really. Rather, I have a bit of news to share.

You see, I've been chronicling the adventures of Team WestEnders on this site for the past (Wait. For. It...) TWELVE YEARS, and honestly, I can't even express how much I've enjoyed spouting off my own brand of nonsense during that time. And the fact that some people actually, you know, stop by here and pay attention to our shenanigans is just the icing on the cake...with a cherry on top...of the whole endeavor for me.

However, Blogger recently changed their interface (without consulting ME, obvs), and the "update" has proven to be...well, a giant pain in the patootie, as far as I'm concerned. Now, for a while they allowed you to utilize the "legacy" version, which was fine and dandy--although I've noticed that it seems to randomly pick and choose when it wants to properly display my selected photos within posts, so there's THAT major annoyance.

But on a certain date, as threatened, they took away the option and forced everyone to adopt the "new, improved" format. And folks, trust me when I tell you that I really did give it the old college try, but...I just loathe it.

So the bottom line is (because heaven forbid she just gets right to the point, yeah? This could have been one sentence! Siiighhh...) that henceforth all the everyday stories and rambling thoughts and special hijinks and whatnot will be located in their new home: thewestenders4.wordpress.com.

Of course, you're still welcome to browse the archives, if you wish; I'm planning to leave this address (thewestenders4.blogspot.com) active for...nostalgic access to older content, or what have you. 

And there you have it--definitely not goodbye, but "let's meet up later, in a slightly different spot!" Hopefully we all make it there without getting lost or encountering any....digital dangers....along the way. (Fingers crossed!) Whattya say we go fluff the pillows, break in the sofa, and break out the snacks in the fresh digs? Let's goooooooo!

No comments: