Sunday, April 24, 2011

Coming to Your Town (consider yourself warned)!

Sometimes, you've just got to let the younger generation have their say...even if what they choose to express is...one enormous bunch of goofiness! Wait, I mean "creative, inspired, artistic"...well, before I exhaust my supply of euphemisms for "Brotherly Nonsense", let me state for the record (ha ha...sorry!) that I DO admire their musical collaborations. These early efforts may not win them a Grammy or nab them a guest spot on the Today Show (they don't like to get up that early, anyway), but it represents time that they spend working together, writing and rehearsing (and sometimes arguing and negotiating, but all sibling bands do that, right?). They seem to have found their natural positions: Derek out of the spotlight, comfortable and safe behind his drums (but still able to make a lot of noise...and that's what it's really all about, yes?); Riley right up front, happy with the attention and probably picturing the eyes of the imaginary "crowd" all turned toward him. For right now they have to content themselves with the cheers of their supportive Parental Groupies. On the other hand, I'm absolutely sure that they'd be just delighted to come play for YOU...and as their Mom-ager I could agree to a reasonable fee...oh, let's face it, with these two, you could most likely get them to accept payment in...CHEESEBURGERS!

The Lyrics

Toad Gold
Have you ever wanted gold?
I got some Toad gold.
That's gold that will never get cold.
It's Toad gold.

I'll get some Toad gold,
and share it with you.
I got so much of it,
I don't know what to do.
Yeah!

I have so much gold,
Some of it must be sold.
With so much gold,
you gotta be bold.
I just wanna hold
all of my...
TOAD GOLD!
Yeah!

Written by Riley Westman (who is obsessed with the Toad character from the Mario Brothers games...note that he is holding a Toad stuffed animal while singing in the video.)

My Time in Vegas
My time in Vegas was good,
I was havin' fun like all people should.
I went to parties every night,
I even got in a bar fight.

Oooohhh Vegas...
I had a good time.
Oooohhh Vegas...
The place where I committed a crime!

I drove around the city,
I never gave a pity.
Stayin' in a mansion,
that's where I want to go again...
VEGAS!

Written by Derek Westman (and by the way, the answer is: no, I do not have the slightest everloving clue as to why my children are singing about BAR FIGHTS. Either they have rich and vivid fantasy lives, or they're slipping out after their 8:45 bedtime and getting into trouble!)

No comments: