Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yes, it's the ever-popular "How I Spent my Summer Vacation"

The tee-shirt I SHOULD have brought back from Orlando would read: "I survived my Family Vacation". 5 solid days of togetherness with my husband and 2 sons. That's 120 hours...20 or so meals (I know it doesn't add up, but yes, they do eat that frequently)...97 trips to the nearest Disney bathroom...1 entire (brand new before the trip) tube of sunscreen... approximately 10 gallons of sweat (each)...and of course countless smiles. Here are a few things I learned on my adventure with "The Boys":

--It is impossible to sleep in a double bed with any other member of my clan. I spent most of my "restful slumber time" with a 9-year old's foot up my butt. He, of course, slept like a baby.
--It's a good thing I'm finished growing...so I could share all "my" food with my ravenous children.
--A pool slide shaped like a dragon, in which you swoosh down his "tongue" into the water, never gets old. Not on the 5th turn. Not on the 25th. They'd still be there if we hadn't dragged them to bed eventually.
--In an attempt to convince my guys that "It's a Small World" is truly a cool, must-see ride, I made the fatal mistake of describing it as "a bunch of dolls singing." Now they'll be sure never to go near it if they live to be one-hundred-and-three.
--On a realistic safari ride, surrounded by the majesty of African giraffes, antelopes, and zebras, NOTHING is as funny or fascinating as a rhinosceros...peeing.

And they wonder why sometimes Mommy needs some Alone Time?

No comments: