Wednesday, April 28, 2010

(Nah nah nah nah nah) They say it's your birthday (it's my birthday, too!)

So you've probably gathered that it's my birthday (pause for cheers, applause, and offers of chocolate cake...which will be graciously accepted with effusive thanks) and although I'm not thrilled with my actual age this year (it's a Prime Number...I've never liked or trusted them...but that's a psychological study for another time) I do have in mind some criteria that would make it an altogether fabulous day:

A nap! (funny how that's the first thing that came to mind, yes?)
Peace (on both a World and Household level! Is that too much to ask?)
Really nice weather (ideally, 75 degrees and sunny--NOAA says 68, so everyone please wish really hard!)
Icy cold beverage (preferably accompanying a dinner that someone else prepared : )
Lots of chocolate (sensing an underlying theme here?)

2 hours to play outside!
9-game winning streak started by the O's (followed by another one, just so we can be over .500 for the first time since the Jurassic--I mean Angelonean--Age.)

And that would do it (at least for the more-or-less-realistic requests)! Maybe I should go to bed now, so I can wake up and get a head start with the chocolate at breakfast...now that's the way to welcome a birthday!

No comments: