Thursday, February 5, 2009

Toasty Thoughts for a Bitterly Cold Day

Some things that warm me up and make me happy when it's 20 degrees and blustery outside...
--Wrapping my hands around a mug of hot chocolate. (Melty, gooey marshmallows optional, but encouraged. Somehow they add to the heat factor. It's a yummy mystery.)
--Letting the cat lean against me wherever I'm sitting. It's like having your own portable, personal, purring heater.
--Hot soup. I still have a strong affinity for good old-fashioned tomato soup and grilled cheese (dipped, of course). My mom made it often when I was growing up. She thought she was getting away with not cooking for a night, but to me it was the greatest dinner ever.
--Ski socks: the kind that go halfway up your shin, and are so thick you can't feel the cold floor through them. Not sexy at all, but very comfortable!
--Getting into my car which has been parked in the sun for 6 hours while I'm at work.
--Knowing that the weather forecast is calling for near-60 degrees this weekend. This will not be helpful for my raging case of Spring Fever, but bring it on anyway!

No comments: